A7C Shutter shock?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Kumimajava Junior Member • Posts: 40
A7C Shutter shock?

I've been primarily shooting Sony for the past 5 years, and the A7riii is my main camera. Was considering getting the A7C as a second body, mainly for video to replace my old A7rii (which can record unlimited length video due to the "open memories" app).

I finally got to try the A7C in person on Saturday - and was somewhat shocked by something that NONE of the online reviews have mentioned yet: a rather considerable "kick" that you feel from the shutter.

I had my a7riii for a side-by-side comparison, and while the shutter sound may be similarly loud, the feeling of "vibrations" passing through the camera body was much smaller. In both A7r's (mk2 and mk3) the body barely moves - the A7C twitched perceptibly. Whether or not this translates into any blur in actual photos, I don't know - but it was not an encouraging experience. I think the old A7rii is not getting replaced...

For anyone else who has tried the A7C - did you similarly feel that the shutter shock is more than expected - or was the unit I tested perhaps wonky (though, I doubt it - it was at the main Yodobashi Camera shop in Tokyo, one day after the A7C's launch).

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow