Saw lots of cameras in the last few days

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Henry Richardson Forum Pro • Posts: 18,393
Saw lots of cameras in the last few days

The autumn colors are getting very nice where I am in Japan. Over the weekend I went to a big park with a lake that has very nice colors every fall. The weather was gorgeous with blue skies so there were lots of people around enjoying the beautiful weather and scenery. Unlike usual here in Japan these days where most people are taking snaps with their phones, I noticed that this time that in addition to the phones there were very many people using cameras: mirrorless, DSLRs, digicams.

This afternoon was also beautiful with blue skies so I went back to the same park. The colors are even better today. Although it is a weekday afternoon there were lots of people out with cameras. By the way, I don't just mean older people. People with cameras were all ages, both male and female. About an hour ago, just as one example, I saw a young woman about 21 with an E-M5III + 14-150mm II taking photos. Of course, Sony, Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Panasonic, Fuji mirrorless and various DSLRs of all sizes and levels. Even in Japan, the Land of the Camera, in recent years I see mostly phones, but in the last few days I have been a bit surprised at the large number of cameras too. Not just older DSLRs or digicams either. Recent mirrorless and DSLRs too. It reminds me of 10+ years ago.

Yes, I know, this is just an anecdote and doesn't say anything about the health of the camera industry. From what I understand it is rather sick. But, it did surprise me a bit seeing so many cameras. And, of course, I was carrying an m4/3 camera.

-- hide signature --

Henry Richardson
http://www.bakubo.com

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow