***This week with your a7x/a9x, Oct 24th - 30th, 2020***

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
MicahSYL
MicahSYL Senior Member • Posts: 1,408
Re: Golden light over Glastonbury Tor

Paul Barnard wrote:

ShenYL wrote:

Paul Barnard wrote:

I've not had much opportunity for photography in the last few months but did take the camera out yesterday evening with the dog. I was rewarded with some amazing golden light over Glastonbury Tor. Hand held with the 100-400 on A7Riii.

Very artistic use of the moment. Use of foreground blur is really nice and the PP is just perfect. Thanks for sharing this golden moment. Cheers.

Thank you. The foreground blur was an unavoidable aspect of the location. I was moving left, right, up and down to minimise the impact and this one was the best of the bunch. It was pretty windy so the branches were moving around quite a bit to the extend of getting right in front of the Tor. I likes the way it adds a little mystery to the image.

Of course I have bumped up the saturation a tad but it really was a rich golden glow. The Tor is one of my favourite subjects as it's visible from most of the places we walk the dog. We do get some interesting skies off in that direction.

Not at all, the PP is perfect, not pushing the sliders hard, I can see that.

I like foreground blur as it gives depth and often like framing windows to the main subject.  That's what I see in your shot.  Yes, wind is a headache, I often joke to my wife, that if I wanted the wind, all I have to do is take my camera to shot, and the wind will come rushing.  Haha.  Cheers.

-- hide signature --

The wonders in the tapestry of this Universe, demand a Greater Wonder.

MicahSYL's gear list:MicahSYL's gear list
Nikon D5300 Sony a6000 Sony a7R II Sony a7R IV Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow