Help with choosing the best lens

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Tom Schum
Tom Schum Forum Pro • Posts: 10,286
Re: Help with choosing the best lens

Robsie71 wrote:

Hi...after some advice...I am looking to move from Canon to Fujifilm....my current Lens that I will be swapping are :-
Canon 70-200 ii f2.8
Canon 17-55 f2.8
Sigma 18-250
Canon 50mm F1.8

I'm planning on getting the 50-140 f2.8 to replace the 70-200 but which other would be best to add. The Sigma is my travel lens when I want to travel light.

I am looking likely at the X-T3 so is the 16-55 an issue not having IS as all my Canon lens have IS so I am used to shooting with that. I would love to get the X-T4 for IS and the screen but it's really pushing my budget.

Would I be better with the 16-55 f2.8 or getting something more like the 16-80 f4 or 18-135 to give me more range for travelling with a single lens. Would either of these be better indoors/low light compared to the non IS f2.8?

Many thanks

I have the Sigma 18-250. Great lens.

Have you considered the Canon adapter? With it, you could use all your lenses on the Fuji. Here is a link. It's not cheap at $299 but might be worth it. I don't have Canon lenses but have heard good things about the Fringers on this forum. Nothing is perfect though.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1486631-REG/venus_optics_fr_fx2_canon_ef_lens_to.html

Another issue: was your Canon full-frame or APS-C?  If it was full frame, you would want a 35mm lens to replace your 50mm Canon prime.

-- hide signature --

Tom Schum
Copper: Mankind's favorite electrical conductor

Tom Schum's gear list:Tom Schum's gear list
Fujifilm X30 Sigma dp0 Quattro Panasonic ZS100 Fujifilm X-E1 Sigma sd Quattro +15 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow