Problem adapting the new Voigtlander 35 f2 ultron using K&F Adapter

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Tons o Glass 0 Class
Tons o Glass 0 Class Contributing Member • Posts: 757
Re: Problem Voigtlander 35 f2 Ultron

Tom Caldwell wrote:

Only being an amateur lens mechanic - it also looks like the front element would be “easiest” to insert reversed. Also easiest to fix. But I would wonder about clearance and whether that reversed lens (if it is that) might actually impact on the next group (ouch?).

Yeah I think you're right that the lens elements would come into contact assuming the diagram is sufficiently accurate (animated GIF - view original if it's not playing):

The front element could be stressed at the point of contact especially if the retaining ring is on really tight, and the spacing would of course be messed up a bit... 😬

Otherwise the second group from the rear might be capable of being reversed - not so sure about the rearmost - it would be screamingly obvious if fitted back to front.

I wonder if KEH had actually tested the lens if it is in such a bad way.

It does make me wonder that as well.

K&F has a good reputation for its adapters but I did get one adapter from them which was not the correct depth (by exactly 1mm).

The lens of course was “new” second hand - which description had me tricked for a moment until I saw the image of the lens.

Tons o Glass 0 Class's gear list:Tons o Glass 0 Class's gear list
Canon EOS 550D Sony Alpha NEX-3N A3000 Sony a7 II YI M1 +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow