Problem adapting the new Voigtlander 35 f2 ultron using K&F Adapter

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Tons o Glass 0 Class
Tons o Glass 0 Class Contributing Member • Posts: 757
Re: Problem adapting the new Voigtlander 35 f2 ultron using K&F Adapter

I'm jumping on the bandwagon to say that something is very wrong with the lens and that your adapter couldn't be to blame for what you're getting. One or more elements / groups could be reversed or missing.

Here's a lens diagram. Reference it while examining your lens. No groups or elements look easy to accidentally reverse, so one has to wonder what happened to this poor little optic...

http://www.cosina.co.jp/seihin/voigtlander/english/e-vm-mount/vm35mm2.html

From looking at your pic of the lens/adapter/camera setup I think I see that the front element looks like it might be reversed as there's a flat edge on the perimeter that is blackened with optical paint. I don't see this on product photos:

It will be easy to discover if the rear group is reversed (if that's even possible) or missing without disassembly.

If it turns out the front element is flipped or if you're able to discover another issue, you still may need to end up returning it to KEH for being defective as I'm sure doing any disassembly yourself, regardless of how qualified you feel to do so, would probably void any return policy you may have.

Tons o Glass 0 Class's gear list:Tons o Glass 0 Class's gear list
Canon EOS 550D Sony Alpha NEX-3N A3000 Sony a7 II YI M1 +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow