Photoshop's Sky Replacement.... It bothers me but... Locked

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Jim Radcliffe
OP Jim Radcliffe Forum Pro • Posts: 12,024
Re: Photoshop's Sky Replacement.... It bothers me but...

Sagittarius wrote:

drynn wrote:

1Dx4me wrote:

my feeling is exactly the same, and it is going to get worse as time goes by! pretty soon we won't know what is real and what is not at a few clicks of the mouse!

I know what you mean, and yet...

...if it doesn't look fake, and I like the picture anyway, I am not even going to be thinking about sky replacement. How sad would it be if in the future we looked at every picture (with sky) and spent time considering whether or not it had been manipulated.

As long as a picture is pleasant to look at, I will not spend a millisecond to think whether it was manipulated or not. These days all pictures are being manipulated one way or another.

It is the degree of manipulation that matters... we've all seen HDR way overdone. We've seen portraits with skin smoothing that makes a face look unreal, eyes that seem illuminated from behind the iris, etc..

It is a choice is all. I think the technology we have at our disposal, both in the cameras and the post processing software is amazing and will become more so every year.

Thanks for your thoughts.

-- hide signature --

Jim Radcliffe
www.boxedlight.com

Jim Radcliffe's gear list:Jim Radcliffe's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-H1
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow