Photoshop's Sky Replacement.... It bothers me but... Locked

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Jim Radcliffe
OP Jim Radcliffe Forum Pro • Posts: 12,024
Re: Photoshop's Sky Replacement.... It bothers me but...

clouseau wrote:

Hi Jim, i won't read every post. You are approaching the eternal question of "should I post process or not" that have been debated a million time over decades.

At the end only one thing really matter : you and the result you want to achieve. (well, that's two things)

By the way may I ask what focal lens you use for this shot?

Stay safe.

Pierre.

Pierre,

Yes, I do post process.. I don't always get exposure right so might adjust it in post as well as color saturation, contrast, sharpen, color correct due to artificial lighting, etc.. but the image remains true to what I saw.

Sky replacement is a giant leap above those other tweeks. I would be putting an element into the photo that did not exist and that, to me, makes it questionable to use. I am not a purist by any means.. those guys don't PP and try to get it all in the camera.. which is almost almost impossible to do with digital these days.

You said:

At the end only one thing really matter : you and the result you want to achieve. (well, that's two things)

And I totally agree with you. It is an individual decision as to the lengths one will go to achieve what they desire with their photography.

By the way may I ask what focal lens you use for this shot?

Yes, attached is the EXIF info.. but the short answer is the Fuji 16-55mm

Thanks for your input and civility.

-- hide signature --

Jim Radcliffe
www.boxedlight.com

Jim Radcliffe's gear list:Jim Radcliffe's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-H1
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow