***This week with your a7x/a9x, Oct 24th - 30th, 2020***

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Paul Barnard
Paul Barnard Veteran Member • Posts: 3,543
Re: Golden light over Glastonbury Tor

ShenYL wrote:

Paul Barnard wrote:

I've not had much opportunity for photography in the last few months but did take the camera out yesterday evening with the dog. I was rewarded with some amazing golden light over Glastonbury Tor. Hand held with the 100-400 on A7Riii.

Very artistic use of the moment. Use of foreground blur is really nice and the PP is just perfect. Thanks for sharing this golden moment. Cheers.

Thank you.  The foreground blur was an unavoidable aspect of the location. I was moving left, right, up and down to minimise the impact and this one was the best of the bunch.  It was pretty windy so the branches were moving around quite a bit to the extend of getting right in front of the Tor.  I likes the way it adds a little mystery to the image.

Of course I have bumped up the saturation a tad but it really was a rich golden glow.  The Tor is one of my favourite subjects as it's visible from most of the places we walk the dog.  We do get some interesting skies off in that direction.

Paul Barnard's gear list:Paul Barnard's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 70-200 F4 Zeiss Batis 25mm F2 Sony 1.4x Teleconverter (2016) +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow