I went all in with the z system

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Atahualpa Regular Member • Posts: 346
Re: I went all in with the z system

Miamistan wrote:

I never meant to imply these are great pictures. I just meant to say these files are capable of holding up to big enlargements which I am doing now taking pictures to2x4 feet. I will not start an argument whether there is any worth to these pictures but the only thing I disagree with is that equipment does not matter, that depends on what your trying to do. If all you want is a clean 8x10 any camera will do that. But if you want super size enlargements then the z system is really good at this price point. If your thing is street photography you would be alot better off with a small fuji with a 23mm fixed lens using Acros BW. So its an old saying right tool for the job. So I see you have a 200-500mm lens because you like to shoot birds , while I have no need for this lens. In my case I had a complete fuji system which fell short for super enlargements and thats why I switched even though I enjoyed shooting with it more.

That's absolutely valid points and I think your arguments should give you enough confidence that you can overcome buyers remorse. Enjoy your Nikon gear. The Z 7 and Z 5 are both fantastic cameras!

Atahualpa's gear list:Atahualpa's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon Z6 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow