Connection apps neglected by camera makers

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
IWBF
IWBF Regular Member • Posts: 131
Connection apps neglected by camera makers

I have and had cameras from all major brands. And I hhave tried all their apps for connecting the camera to a smartphone.

I am probably not alone if I describe my expierence as "so-so".

1. To transfer pictures I have given up. Connections are unstable and usually very slow, only Jpgs are transfered and on and on. Today my preffered setup is a OTG cable which is easy and fast.

2. The capabilities for remote control are very different from brand to brand. Mostly it is sufficient for remote capture and basic settings -if you manage to get a connection.

3. Potential: Camera apps have the potential to be much more useful. Almost all menus are extensive and difficult to navigate. Imagine an app that allows to access the menu and to rearrange settings in the app to you liking. Or to store whole sets of settings on the phone and to easily play them back to the camera (I think Olympus has something like that on their Pro cameras, but I am more on the lower/mid level). And all this on a perfectly usable big touchscreen.

What do you think? Any other ideas for such applications?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow