Sony A73 or Sony A7C?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
FletchMatt
FletchMatt Junior Member • Posts: 31
Sony A73 or Sony A7C?

Hello guys,

So, I recently parted with my Fujifilm gear after a number of years with the system. I decided I wanted to get in to sony full frame for the wide selection of lenses and enjoyed using my friends Sony A73. I really liked the look and feel of the Sony A7C so thought I’d purchase that with 3 to 4 lenses with the money I got from my Fuji gear.

I went to the Sony store to purchase the new camera and gear (I live and work in China) but the Sony cameras there are all region locked and have only Chinese and around 4 other languages, non in English. Another camera store I know stocks Sony A73s shipped from Hong Kong which has the English language but the A7C is not yet available from Hong Kong.

I sold all of my gear and without a camera (stupid), so my question is, should i get the Sony A73 with the english menu or purchase the A7C with Chinese or wait 3 months for them to get the non-mainland stock? The A73 is selling for 10500 CNY (around 1200 pounds) for the body. Which seems like a great deal compared to UK prices. The Sony A7C is selling for 12700 CNY (1450 pounds) new, body only.

Stuck with what to do, any advice would be appreciated.

FletchMatt's gear list:FletchMatt's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-Pro3 GoPro Hero5 Black Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow