Thinking of moving from MFT to Z Series

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
J Ankit New Member • Posts: 7
Thinking of moving from MFT to Z Series

Hi All,

I am a user of Olympus MFT who is thinking of upgrading to FF. I am not heavily invested in MFT system [EM10 Mark ii with 3 basic lenses]. I am overall satisfied with the MFT system but now feeling a bit disappointed wrt few inherent weaknesses of the system.

I am thinking of buying a Z6/Z5 & getting following deal in my country: Z6 with 24-70 Kit lens, FTZ Adapter & 64GB XQD memory card with a reader for approx $1950. Z5 body only is available for approx $1300. What do you think of the deal. I have a EF mount Sigma 10-20mm which I am using with my EM10 [with a Viltrox adapter]. Is it possible to use this lens with the Z Full Frame series?

Also, does FF offer that much of value wrt to an APSC system like a Fuji XH1? I am also getting a good deal for XH1 [approx $900 for body with battery grip].

I am looking to buy this camera for Travelling & also trying my hand at a bit of Semi Pro work.

I wanted to ask the Z6/Z5 users:

1. How is the IBIS? I know its not as good as MFT systems, but is it bad?

2. What would be good & not very expensive lenses which can be used for travelling? Any good all in one Zooms?

3. Is it worth to spend extra for Z6 II?

Regards,

Ankit

Nikon Z6 Nikon Z6 II Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCV
NCB
NCV
NCV
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow