Any way to go above 1/4" in interval mode on a ZV-1? (electronic shutter)

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
Enders Shadow
Enders Shadow Veteran Member • Posts: 3,288
Re: Any way to go above 1/4" in interval mode on a ZV-1? (electronic shutter)

jackiekan wrote:

I'm able to use the mechanical shutter yeah, just when it comes to longer time-lapses I'd prefer to not wear out the shutter if at all possible. Might see if I can try an external intervalometer or something.

First, the camera uses a leaf shutter and doesn't have the limited life of focal plane shutters.

As to why the 1/4 sec shutter speed limit when doing interval shooting, it sounds like a programming mistake. The camera will use Long Exposure NR at shutter speeds equal to or longer than 1/3 sec. LENR is normally disabled when e-shutter is selected. But, there seems to be a mistake when interval mode is in use. It is preventing shutter speeds longer than 1/4 sec from being used. There isn't a technical reason I can think of why e-shutter should be limited. Interval mode is a new feature for Sony and there might be some confusion in the correct implementation.

You did select e-shutter in the interval mode menu? What shooting interval are you using?

If you use mechanical shutter, LENR could kick in and require twice the exposure period. If that becomes a problem, you may need to disable LENR. You will start to see more hot pixels at longer exposure times without LENR.

-- hide signature --

Phil

Enders Shadow's gear list:Enders Shadow's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Olympus Tough TG-3 Fujifilm X30 Canon EOS 7D Mark II +20 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow