***This week with your a7x/a9x, Oct 24th - 30th, 2020***

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Khun_K
Khun_K Senior Member • Posts: 1,519
Re: Bangkok Protest 2020.10.25

Mel_Snyder wrote:

Khun_K wrote:

They probably did not add much color to the protest of calling PM resignation and political reform at the Ratjaprasong Intersection, Bangkok, this evening, but they sure added some flavors to it.

Love it as a street scene - but would love it more tightly cropped with a zoom to defocus the background, and/or circling to your left to drop the dark alleyway instead of the McDonalds sign behind them.

One of the things I’ve learned over the years: those who dress or make up themselves unusually do so to get attention. “Wow! You look TERRIFFIC!” - in whatever language to 99% - gets such people to willingly pose as you would like.

Composition is a choice, and a choice many people would do differently that is a very subjective matter.  The focus is not the two who dressed-up, the focus is where they are - which is why I wanted to made it clear that they are in front of this iconic McDonalds shop in Bangkok, which most people in Bangkok can recognize in an instant, where a small group of protesters gathered, among the mass protesters who occupied the main intersection.  To me, the McDonalds is a bit more important as it signified where the event took place, the two dress-up, adds the flavor to the protest, but they are not part of the protest, they were there simply for their pictures taken so they are less important for me, but I have to use them for the McDonald for the background.

Khun_K's gear list:Khun_K's gear list
Leica M Monochrom (Typ 246) Sony RX1R II Leica Q2 Sony DSC-RX0 II Leica T +130 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow