I went all in with the z system

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Miamistan Forum Member • Posts: 85
Re: I went all in with the z system

I just got the z5 a couple of days ago so I can only give you my first impressions.  I think it will work reasonably well  in good light if you use the new 24-50mm lens.  This combo is light weight only slightly bigger than a fuji xt-4 although for street photography I think Fuji has the advantage in two points, their fixed lens like the 23mm and 35mm are tiny next to Nikon and their in camera Acros is terrific.  I sold the fuji s to raise the money to buy the additional Nikon equipment so I do think the Nikon will do but I kept my Panasonic LX100ii to do black and white street photography, look it up and I am posting a couple of shots showing the image quality bw right out of the camera no photoshop.

But since I will be doing more landscape photography the Nikon clearly has the advantage for large blow ups

Panasonic lx100ii natural light in camera bw  The Black Friar 13 century bar London

Panasonic lx100ii natural light in camera bw Outside of Black Friar

Pansonic lx100ii Highgate cemetery London

So yes I would use z5 for color but Panasonic, Fuji, or Ricoh would be a better choice for in camera not post processing black in white street photograhy

Miamistan's gear list:Miamistan's gear list
Panasonic LX100 II Nikon D7500 Nikon Z7 Nikon AF Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5D IF ED Nikon 85mm F1.8G +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow