Have you noticed that you can connect your phone to the R5 while it’s turned off?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Dan-Z Regular Member • Posts: 131
Re: Have you noticed that you can connect your phone to the R5 while it’s turned off?

PMUK wrote:

Dan-Z wrote:

PicPocket wrote:

I use it frequently to quickly download selected proofs to share from phone, and leave raw workflow till I reach home. I keep BT on, wifi off, and it doesn't seem to have any obvious impact on battery life

Ok I wasn't sure if image browsing used Bluetooth or Wifi, but you're confirming this only uses BT. I still think it must use up at the battery if it's constantly sending a bluetooth handshake signal. Maybe it doesn't use much power, but if for example I were to leave my camera in my bag for a month, would I come back to a depleted battery?

Hi Dan-Z,

Excerpt from the manual, make of it what you will...

Phil

Thanks, yeah not sure what they mean by auto-power off, this sounds like standby mode. Anyway, from what others wrote, I guess my camera is not bugged or anything and this is how it's supposed to work. I'll just have to try and remember to turn off Bluetooth in the menu or use Airplane mode when I'm not using the camera.

Dan-Z's gear list:Dan-Z's gear list
Canon EOS R5
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow