I went all in with the z system

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Miamistan Forum Member • Posts: 81
I went all in with the z system

I have owned a z7 for a year and a half now having only the 24-70mm f 4.  At the same time I have 3 Fuji bodies and eight Fuji lenses.  I find the fuji is a better shooting experience more classic analog dials and I really loved some of the in camera film simulations.  Fuji is also easier to carry around and less obtrusive for street photography.  Although my Fuji has produced good images  I sold all of my Fuji gear because I now shoot mostly landscape and  their can be no denying the Nikon produces cleaner files detailed files.  So yesterday I bought a z5 with the 24-50 lens to replace the  Fuji as my walkaround camera.  I also picked up the 14-30 f4 and the 35mm 1.8g which I use for my low light photography.  For telephoto I ordered the 70-300 apf and the last two lenses I will use on the ftz.  I had an 85 1.8 g left over from my old Nikon system which was a d610 which I sold for the lighter weight Fuji.  I've kept my Panasonic lx100m2 for street photography because is really Small and makes great incamera BW.

I am having buyers regrets because I love the handling of the Fuji but the z system image quality is just superb.  I will start to post some pictures in this forum of work done  on the z series

Old Mill Smokey Mountains z7 24-70 f4

St Marys 12 Century Church England

Miamistan's gear list:Miamistan's gear list
Panasonic LX100 II Nikon Z7 Nikon Z5 Nikon 85mm F1.8G Nikon 35mm F1.8G ED +4 more
Nikon D610
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow