R6, Color Fidelity profiles and the Edit in Photoshop option in Lightroom

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
renatounai Forum Member • Posts: 50
R6, Color Fidelity profiles and the Edit in Photoshop option in Lightroom

Hello there.
I just got the EOS R6 and shot my first photoshoot. My workflow consists in editing the heavy stuff in Lightroom and later edit some stuff in Photoshop.

I bought the color fidelity profiles and they look great. They are working in Lightroom and also in Camera Raw when I open the file directly from the windows explorer. But when I open it in photoshop using the "Edit" in photoshop option the colors look weird. Using the camera raw filter here doesn't show the color fidelity profiles.

I discovered that if I use the option to open it in photoshop as a smart object, I can double click the first layer in photoshop and the camera raw filter will open and show me the color fidelity profiles. In this case, the standard profile will even be selected but with weird colors. If I select other profile an come back to the standard, it will look great.
My question is, is that some kind of bug, I'm missing something or is that the expected behavior?

Below is the weird color in the left, and the corrected color after I switch profiles and go back to the standard one.

Ricoh Caplio R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow