Problem adapting the new Voigtlander 35 f2 ultron using K&F Adapter

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
NaughtyNautilus New Member • Posts: 5
Problem adapting the new Voigtlander 35 f2 ultron using K&F Adapter

Hi all, so the 35mm F2 just arrived and I did a few shots on my Sony A7II. I'm having a few issues adapting this lens onto my camera, producing frankly unacceptable images. I have attached sample shots here

Apart from the vignetting, there is noticable barrel distortion near the edges and it gets wavy near the center of the frame. There is no focus to be had even dead center, which leads me to believe it could be an issue that the flange distance with this adpater is too short?

The images are also very hazy with no clarity at F2. Stopping down to F2.8 helps though. But still, the sharpness decreases rather dramatically moving away from the center of the frame

I have ordered a native voigtlander  VM to E adapter from KEH and I'm hopting that will help solve the issue, while I'm waiting on that to arrive, has anyone had any experience with this sort of thing? My jupiter and zeiss opton adapts just fine with the contax/kiev to sony E adapter

35mm F2 ultron at F2, focus set to the lables

35mm F2 ultron at F8, focus set to the lables

the current setup

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow