Anyone else absolutely loath changing lenses in the field?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JeffParrish New Member • Posts: 13
Anyone else absolutely loath changing lenses in the field?

I've got 3 primes (23 f2, 27, 7artisans 35) and 2 zooms (18-55 and 18-135) and my XT1.  My setup is such that I can easily justify a prime and a zoom on any given outing depending on what I want in terms of size, angle, fun-vs-utility, weather sealing, etc.  But I find that if I change lenses in the field, I just stick with the second lens and resist changing again.  Does anyone else have this affliction?  Something about juggling lens caps and exposing the guts to airborn debris, and the fear of dropping a lens just keeps me from having any desire to play around between multiple lenses on an excursion.

Perhaps adding a cheap used XE1 for a small prime and the XT1 for a larger lens is the way to go?

JeffParrish's gear list:JeffParrish's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR +2 more
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
afm
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow