Upgrading my gear- where to best spend my money on?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
hannes077 New Member • Posts: 3
Upgrading my gear- where to best spend my money on?

Hi,

I am a hobby photographer mainly documenting our kids and travels. Mainly stills, no videos. Currently I am using an eos rp, rf 24-70 f2.8 and ef 70-200 f/4 is (1st generation) with the adapter.

I set aside some money to treat myself with some new gear soon.
My first option is to upgrade to the eos r6. Mainly for the improved autofocus (capture the kids playing), IBIS (for better handheld and low light performance) and sensor shutter ( we go to the beach quite often and I always feel bad changing lenses in the ocean spray and the bare sensor exposed).

Second option is to upgrade from the ef 70-200 f/4 IS to the rf 70-200 f/2.8, mainly to enhance background blur for portraits and slightly reduced size.

What do you think will be the better upgrade to my current setup? Is the r6 AF that much better than the rp? Does the 2.8 aperture noticeable increase background blur compared to f/4?

I know this decision is highly subjective. But I am curious, which option you would spend your money on?

Thanks,

Hannes

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Ricoh Caplio R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow