RX100 V exposure too dark?!

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
starbase218 Contributing Member • Posts: 697
RX100 V exposure too dark?!

Hello,

I bought a used RX100 V to replace my mark 1. I’ve been playing around with it but for some reason, with equivalent exposure settings, I get a much brighter image with the mark 1. I have turned off build in ND filter of the mark 5, checked if setting the aperture has any effect on it, which is the case: from f/2 to 2.8 to 4 the DOF gets larger and when in P mode, the camera adjusts the shutter (I’m using manual ISO for both cameras). I also set DR optimisation to off on both cameras. Nothing helped. I did notice the AF illumination light also comes on “earlier” on the mark 5. And I don’t really see AF improvements (which I think I should). So it just seems like less light is reaching the sensor.

I also checked DXOMark for actual ISO sensitivity of these cameras and they are more or less equal. At ISO 800 they are very close, which is what I’ve been testing with.

Does anyone know what the problem might be? Thanks.

starbase218's gear list:starbase218's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D7100 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +6 more
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony RX1 Sony RX100 Sony RX100 V
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow