I would buy in a heartbeat a Z6 II/Z7 II if...

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
OP mbo27 Regular Member • Posts: 264
Re: I would buy in a heartbeat a Z6 II/Z7 II if...

Varuas wrote:

You have to realize that you’re posting in a Nikon Z forum where many(most?) of us are biased and/or do not care for other brands, so if there are features that are missing in Z, vote with your wallet and get the brand that gives you everything you need or hold off on jumping ship by suppressing your desires for those features until Nikon implements as either a firmware upgrade or new bodies in the future.

I am in a similar situation, but mine is a video feature— particularly internal 10-bit recording, which is not happening with any Nikon Z camera announced for 2021. I have chosen to just wait and not “investing” in Nikon, but also not buying anything else just yet. If money was no objection, I would have jumped ship to A7sIII or Canon R6.

Thanks Varuas. Sure that I am posting to the Nikon Z Forum but I don't understand even if I'm a die-hard user why I would not strive to get more in my camera and push the manufacturer (Nikon in this case) to improve their products.

Yes - the Z's are "very nice" but wouldn't they be nicer if the zebras for stills were there. All the workarounds mentioned are after-all just workarounds (histograms for example are not accurate since they reflect the JPG information and more importantly don't show where the over-blown highlights are)

Thanks.

mbo27's gear list:mbo27's gear list
Sony a7R IV Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow