Dropped A7R3, have it checked?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
enzo1291 New Member • Posts: 2
Dropped A7R3, have it checked?

Hi all,

Long time reader, with a question of my own for the first time.

TL:DR: dropped an A7Riii + 24-105. Seems fine (IBIS/shutter), will do calibration check myself, but should it be checked anyway?

So, after a few months the dreaded first drop is there.
Not while on the mountain in the morning to capture the sunrise over the Atlantic, but during a wine tasting in the afternoon. Ugh.
Basically, I unzipped the bag to capture some images, lady came with our glasses, and due to the sudden rush, I forgot that the bag was already open and when I reached to pick up the bag, the camera (+mounted 24-105 G) jumped oud horizontally over a Portugese style pebble stone floor.

The camera went horizontal for a meter. Only the hood is dented and there is some paint chipped off of one of the bottom corners. The bottom plate (joby) and hood seem to have taken the brunt.

I read that in some drops the camera will go into error mode. I did not see this, though mine was off. I will take some test pictures to check calibration. IBIS and shutter seem fine.
Though is there anything I should keep in consideration about the R3? Should I have it checked for anything I can't?

Any thoughts are appreciated!

p.s. I'm remarkably untouched by the nicks. It's a tool, not a jewel. Treated my former camera as a jewel and missed way to much opportunities that way. I just want to make sure that my tool stays working properly!

Sony a7 Sony a7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow