D7500 iso noise

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
Mako2011
MOD Mako2011 Forum Pro • Posts: 27,096
All...

toomanycanons wrote:

Beg to differ. Saying "doesn't produce files anywhere as good as full frame" is just plain misleading and wrong. I own a D7500 and many full frame bodies and the D7500's files are very similar.

All else being equal...the D7500 images will always be a stop nosier than the FF counterpart. D7500 will reach diffraction limit sooner than the FF counter part. The FF body will have a higher DR potential. FF gives you more control over the depth of field. The equal full frame systems will perform better when the light is weak. A full frame lens/camera combination is also more suitable for wide-angle shots, which is relevant for architectural, landscape or product photography. FF gives one a viewfinder advantage

There are certainly some advantages with APS-c. Cheaper, smaller, and at low sensitivity settings the smaller pixel size of APS-C sized sensors could actually enable you to capture more fine detail...but that advantage can be negated (to a degree) if one is able to get closer with FF.

"near as good as"... is by definition subjective.  How valid it is depends to a large extent on practical use.  No perfect camera.

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow