Why Microsoft, why?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AnthonyL Veteran Member • Posts: 3,364
Why Microsoft, why?

All Windows 10, Home, Pro latest patches:

1. I'm cleaning up my disk drives and merely want to then remove all the empty directories so that I can easily copy over the remaining files having done some bulk deleteions. So used to be able to do that from Search but no longer. Of course I could use xcopy, used to be able to drop to Command prompt from a folder but now I can only easily get to Powershell (another why?). So get a free download from sourceforge, yet another application to do what a decent OS should offer.
  2. Wife "Why isn't my computer telling me the right time?". Well here in the UK daylight saving ended at 0200 this morning. The Windows Home machine knows it's ending, is set to automatic adjust but at 0800 BST its last check was at 2318 the previous night. I used to be able to readily define my own time servers and frequency but that no longer seems to be the case. Click on Update Now (or similar) and time set. I run a separate time utility on the Pro machine so no idea what would have happened had I not. I don't believe we are the only nation to have Winter/Summer time - can someone send a list to Microsoft? I'll have to reboot and see what my Linux time is.
 AnthonyL's gear list:AnthonyL's gear list
Canon EOS 700D Canon EF-S 10-22mm F3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow