NVME SSD or SATA 2,5 for PC build?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Chris Noble
Chris Noble Veteran Member • Posts: 3,553
NVME, then SATA

Ron Zamir wrote:

Hi. Just a beginner question - My first ever build PC based on AMMD Ryzen 2400G on an Asrock B450 motherboard. I have collected most of the parts but case. I bought the Samaung Evo 860 2,5 Sata SSD. This PC is not for gaming just office and Photoshop and some basic video editing. Saw some review, very impressed with the Kingston A2000. Does it make sense to sell the Samsung SSD and get the Kingston or other NVME SSD? Will I notice any improvement, speed difference and reliability?

Does the Kingston mount on a motherboard NVME slot? In that case I'd choose it for your main (C:) drive.

You can keep the Samsung SATA drive as an internal cable plug-in D: drive.

Also, always good to have a spare SATA drive available in case you need to restore from backup in a hurry and the stores are closed. You can put it in a cheap USB enclosure.

Chris Noble's gear list:Chris Noble's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow