Choose the best stock footage and travel camera?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
softmarmotte
softmarmotte Senior Member • Posts: 1,915
Re: Choose the best stock footage and travel camera?

softmarmotte wrote:

if it's of any use, i (re) started pphotography 5 year ago after an absence of 40 years

i looked for advice from a friend photog and bought the SONY RX100. I learnt a lot in 18 months of casual outings

I moved on to the Panasonic Fz1000 because I didn't want lots of extra lenses for holidays but I did want some 'length'

I made a mistake of buying a Nikon 5500 because i listened to advice here that aps sized sensors were better for picture quality. it was and is a poor camera for me - for 2 reasons. 1) the long lenses are (for me) impossible to carry around and use) and the lack of tech specs that i wanted, including an apalling viewfinder

I then spent some time in a physical store and came out with the Olympus OMD EM 1 ii. Quite simply a brilliant camera for my purposes but one I could not have restarted my journey with 5 years before

My advice, start simple and relatively cheaply. Personally i don't do second hand but i can afford to buy new. Your journey will determine your 'upgrades' as you understand photography more and as your interests change

I would recommend the Panasonic FZ1000 or the Sony RX100 (series)

nuwanz wrote:

Hello Experts, I need your help to choose the best camera.

01. Purpose

- Stock footage

- Documentary

- Travel Vlogs

02. Cameras

- GH5 ( got an amazing deal with Leica lens)

- A7 iii

- a6600

- Fz2500 (Panasonic bridge camera)

What will be the best camera you suggest for a beginner?

Or any other cameras not on the list?

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thank You.

'FZ1000 has ability to record 4K video. It's recorded at 3,840x2,160 pixels at 25p, and encoded in AVC format at 100Mbit/s. There's no Cinema 4K (4,096x2,160 at 24p) as per the Pana GH series'

The Sony RX100 series has 4K in some versions. Just check the specs. I think from V3 on ?

-- hide signature --

anyone is welcome to do anything they want with my images except sell them for profit
https://www.flickr.com/photos/softmarmotte/

softmarmotte's gear list:softmarmotte's gear list
Sony RX100 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R +9 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow