Used D750 for 375 euros

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Topi Senior Member • Posts: 1,502
Used D750 for 375 euros

At a camera shop, close enough for me to check it personally. Externally very good condition, not even any marks at the bottom or the tripod socket. Just a bit of wear near the shutter release and the green rectangle at the mode selector dial.

The catch: 202000 shutter releases.

Bought it despite the high mileage as I had a real/imagined need (well, GAS) for a second body and was pleasantly surprised to receive the original box with manual and an extra third-party battery. That one and the original Nikon battery both show their condition as 0, i.e. as new; another pleaseant surpise.

The camera works fine, AF is very accurate and consistent with the lenses I've tried, exposure maybe a tad hot, white balance good albeit a bit different from my Df. So far so good.

Well, I also had to fork out the cost of one year of Lightroom as my old version 5.something doesn't support the D750 raws and I need the keywords to find the correct image files later.

The image quality is good, no surprise there. For absurdly high ISO shots the Df seems to be slightly better with highlights and with flashes the D750 seems to have a bit more magenta for the local skin colours than the Df. Anyway, if the skin colour is an issue with the D750 there is the Df to use for the few portraits I do.

I don't have a cat available for the traditional first pictures so here's my dog photographed with the D750 and my old 105 AF-D micro. Lighting by two SB-800's controlled by an SU-800.

-Topi

Nikon D750 Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow