Choose the best stock footage and travel camera?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
softmarmotte
softmarmotte Senior Member • Posts: 1,934
Re: Choose the best stock footage and travel camera?

if it's of any use, i (re) started pphotography 5 year ago after an absence of 40 years

i looked for advice from a friend photog and bought the SONY RX100. I learnt a lot in 18 months of casual outings

I moved on to the Panasonic Fz1000 because I didn't want lots of extra lenses for holidays but I did want some 'length'

I made a mistake of buying a Nikon 5500 because i listened to advice here that aps sized sensors were better for picture quality. it was and is a poor camera for me - for 2 reasons. 1) the long lenses are (for me) impossible to carry around and use) and the lack of tech specs that i wanted, including an apalling viewfinder

I then spent some time in a physical store and came out with the Olympus OMD EM 1 ii. Quite simply a brilliant camera for my purposes but one I could not have restarted my journey with 5 years before

My advice, start simple and relatively cheaply. Personally i don't do second hand but i can afford to buy new. Your journey will determine your 'upgrades' as you understand photography more and as your interests change

I would recommend the Panasonic FZ1000 or the Sony RX100 (series)

nuwanz wrote:

Hello Experts, I need your help to choose the best camera.

01. Purpose

- Stock footage

- Documentary

- Travel Vlogs

02. Cameras

- GH5 ( got an amazing deal with Leica lens)

- A7 iii

- a6600

- Fz2500 (Panasonic bridge camera)

What will be the best camera you suggest for a beginner?

Or any other cameras not on the list?

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thank You.

-- hide signature --

anyone is welcome to do anything they want with my images except sell them for profit
https://www.flickr.com/photos/softmarmotte/

softmarmotte's gear list:softmarmotte's gear list
Sony RX100 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R +9 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow