Are there any 600mm lenses for the Sony mirrorless cameras on the horizon?

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
PWPhotography Forum Pro • Posts: 10,800
Re: Are there any 600mm lenses for the Sony mirrorless cameras on the horizon?

Both Sigma and Tamron only have EF/F/A-mount 150-600mm zoom that are good but not as good as Sony 200-600 G that latter has internal zooming and only need to rotate 1/4 turn from 200-600mm that is a huge advantage. Sony 200-600 G is relative affordable (that I own) and I'd not pickup Sigma or Tamron for just a few hundred less. I still trust OEM long lenses over third parties' ones.

For 600mm prime, both Sigma and Tamron never have. Sigma does have EF/F/A-mount 500mm/F4.0 super-tele. It's good but not as good as Canon/Ninon counterpart in optical quality and AF-C tracking, and gap is bigger with TCs. Personally I am waiting to see future FE 500/4.0 GM OSS that has the best balance of reach and size/weight in my opinion.

So the short answer is to get FE 100-600 G that is very good overall and relative affordable especially if you can get an EDU discount in USA.

PWPhotography's gear list:PWPhotography's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Sony a7R IV Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG OS Macro HSM +16 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow