Autumn birds from a few days ago

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Antal I Kozma
Antal I Kozma Veteran Member • Posts: 3,280
Autumn birds from a few days ago

Hi to all,

What a difference a couple of days can make. Till the day before yesterday temperatures were quite balmy here in SW Ontario. Then a storm moved in yesterday and turned everything upside down. The morning started out warm and humid, however, temperatures plummeted by nightfall. It was only a few degrees above freezing during the night. Morning today was cool and sharp, it didn't warm up during the day and frost is predicted for the night.

I still got a few decent songbird shots two days ago in the woods alongside the Lake Erie shore. The same woods were very quiet today, the cold northwest wind flushed the birds out. I heard very little chirping, almost none. A few remaining birdies must have been hunkering down deep in the woods, awaiting for good winds for their journey south.

The enclosed few images from the very close past.

Best regards to all, AIK

Least Flycatcher from a week or so ago.

A late Palm Warbler from some three days ago. I liked how the back lit oak leaves formed a glowing background.

Rufous-sided Towhee from a couple of days ago.

White-throated Sparrow in the fall undergrowth. A few of these were busy working the ground turning over leaves and picking seeds in the undergrowth. It was not easy to photograph them, they were constantly on the move.

Another White-throated Sparrow . It settled down for a second allowing to take its photo. I like how the creamy and soft autumn colours frame the bird. Overcast sky and the remaining canopy softened the light considerably. It was the same for the previous image too.

A cute little Myrtle Warbler was puffing up its plumage to cope with some cool winds.

Eastern Phoebe from a few days ago. It was catching bugs by the marsh, settled down for a split second then darted away .

Antal I Kozma's gear list:Antal I Kozma's gear list
Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Phase One Capture One Pro Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +20 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow