First windsurfing shoot since my surgery

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Brian Wadie
Brian Wadie Forum Pro • Posts: 10,278
First windsurfing shoot since my surgery

just 4 weeks since I "escaped" from hospital and a mate who is a fellow windsurf photographer at our local beach gave me a lift down

A bit different from past trips as I was using a new set-up: 4 wheeled rollator to help me walk and carry my kit, a great big old lump of a tripod with a Gitzo oil-damped gimbal on top.

EM-1X + 300 f4, static shooting and I managed an hour swaddled up like an Eskimo against the weather

This is me for the rest of my life now but it felt so good just to be back on the beach with our wind-surfing "family" (60+ riders from novice up to some top world professionals including one youngster who made 4th in the world freestyle champs a couple of years ago. )

Windy but poor wave structure so the action was not that great but I put together a flikr album of the action in case anyone fancies a peek

Now all I have to do is to persuade my wife (an ex-nurse and very fierce) that its a good idea for me to go down again tomorrow, to try out my Olympus 100-400 on the same rig

https://www.flickr.com/photos/75445098@N04/albums/72157716602024747

it looks like some of those pics should be there, I'll have to edit them out in the morning (flikr went a bit odd this evening?)

-- hide signature --

So much to learn, so little time left to do it!

Brian Wadie's gear list:Brian Wadie's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro Olympus 12-100mm F4.0 +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow