Questions about Viewfinder Quality

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
PGH423 Regular Member • Posts: 360
Questions about Viewfinder Quality

My only experiences with viewfinders are with small, entry-level cameras (Canon SL1, SL2, and SX 70). I wish I had a brighter, larger, more detailed view. I also wish the SL2 would show grid lines. How much of a difference is there with a higher-end camera (maybe $1000 to 2000) viewfinder in terms of the view? I would like a view that makes composing the image easy. I’m wondering how big a difference there really is between pentaprism and pentamirror viewfinders and between the SX 70 and a higher-end mirrorless ILC with an EVF. I’m asking partly because I want a camera that is weather sealed anyway. I’m wondering if I should rent some different cameras and see first-hand before buying something more expensive. I don’t think I’d go beyond $2000, but are the viewfinders better once you get beyond that? Thanks.

PGH423's gear list:PGH423's gear list
Canon G7 X II Canon PowerShot SX70 Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EOS Rebel SL2 Apple iPhone XS
Canon EOS Rebel SL1 (EOS 100D) Canon EOS Rebel SL2 (EOS 200D / Kiss X9)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow