A7Rii MF Assist crop?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
SafariBob
SafariBob Senior Member • Posts: 1,966
Re: A7Rii MF Assist crop?

JamminHyaku wrote:

I am wondering if when using manual focus assist there is any way to control how far it crops in so you can adjust focus.

On my camera is crops in to 5x, and then if you click the button again it goes to 12.5x. For astrophotography and focusing on stars, I am just curious if it is possible to go even further than this to say 20x for example, to focus on stars more accurately (as even at 12.5x they are small on the screen, and nailing focus where the star is smallest can be a large portion of the focus ring, making it difficult)

Is this possible? or are these values set? Thank you!

Don’t think so. There is the 2 steps, that is it, as far as I recall. You can always use an external screen or transfer to smartphone for critical focus. I may be mistaken, but I think maybe that if you choose jpeg + raw, you get higher res WiFi transfers, if you so choose, and hence would get more resolution.

SafariBob's gear list:SafariBob's gear list
Sony RX1 Sony a7R II Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS USM Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM Sony FE 35mm F2.8 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow