digital photo frames

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
sybersitizen Forum Pro • Posts: 18,596
Re: digital photo frames

robgendreau wrote:

sybersitizen wrote:

Bobthearch wrote:

I can't see buying a digital photo frame or iPad when you can buy a 4k television for under $300.

Look at previous posts to understand why a photo frame and a television are not interchangeable products, and why photo frames don't need to be 4K. Also recognize that photo frames cost only a fraction of $300.

If you personally have no use for a photo frame, fine. It's understood that not everyone does.

I have a use for displaying pictures on a wall, a (real) desktop, a counter, a coffee table, and elsewhere. And sorry, I haven't changed my mind about NOT using a dedicated photo frame for that.

Why should I be interested in changing your mind? I'm not. I wasn't even talking to you.

If they weren't such a large fraction of $300 (like $200, or $300 for a Nix 13.3") I might reconsider.

I have no desire for you to reconsider. Do whatever you want. But I sure wouldn't pay anything near the prices you mentioned. I just bought a second-hand 15" frame for $50. My two 8" frames were purchased years ago, so they're basically free for me to continue using. If I wanted more of that size (although I don't) they'd cost maybe $20. I could (and still might) also try an old Kindle Fire and Galaxy Tab A that have been sitting around here, but their screens are smaller and their aspect ratios are not what I prefer, so there isn't much motivation for that.

You're not me and I'm not you and neither of us is somebody else, so we all make different choices.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow