I would buy in a heartbeat a Z6 II/Z7 II if...

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mbo27 Regular Member • Posts: 259
I would buy in a heartbeat a Z6 II/Z7 II if...

I was a Nikon user "forever" until a few years ago when I shifted to mirrorless for mainly a couple reasons: size and the EVF. At the time, the Z6/Z7 haven't came out yet so I got into the Fuji (with an X-H1) which has been a joy to use.

I currently want to add a hybrid camera with a powerful stills/video features, and the Fuji X-T4 is a perfect candidate if it weren't for the price. As it stands now, it is almost the price of a Nikon Z6 (a $100 difference!!)

I rented a Z7 for evaluation and have no complaints regarding the image quality, ergonomics, focus (I'm not into action/sports, so didn't try much the continuous focus which apparently the current Zx's do not excel at), BUT was shocked to find out that one feature that is really a deal-breaker for me is missing: zebra's in stills.

Being able to track over-blown highlights is the main reason I love to use the EVF in a mirrorless camera, and all the brands I've tried so far (Fuji, Sony, Panasonic) have the capability but not the Nikons Z6/Z7.

Based on the specs published so far, it doesn't look like the new 2nd generation have the feature either. So I can claim bluntly that I would buy the Z6 II (or Z7II) if it showed zebras in stills (not movie) mode.

I'm curious to find out what other feature is holding you off from getting a Z6 II/Z7 II other than if you've already gotten the current generation.

mbo27's gear list:mbo27's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Sony a7R IV Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 +6 more
Nikon Z6 Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow