A midlife crisis

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Skyneon New Member • Posts: 4
A midlife crisis

Hello Everyone,

So I have in mind something I really want do and I know it's not really advise or need. But I'm at an age I can do it and want do it. So before my question, i must say I do photography like a hobby since some years and mostly taking night cityscape, pets (mine or outside) any forest are too far of me so I do with that I can get, and a lot of portrait and products photo for my wife company. As for now i use and love a fujifilm x-t4 and my most use and favorite lens is the 56mm f1.2.

My wich is to go full frame, but take the big step so no 24mp FF I want more pixel, not because I need and i know it's not need for make nice pictures.

I spend a lot of time watching reviews of all camera with more than 40mp because saddly rent is not an option too. And I'm stuck between 2 models the Panasonic S1R and the nikon Z7 ( maybe the z7II if it worth it).

My problem is on some detail like for the panasonic let's be honest I would never buy Lecia lens I will mostly use Sigma lens and the weight is a consern. I don't have strengh problem but carry a system the will probably be close to 2kg for long time concerne me a bit.

As for Nikon honestly, I'm more worry about the health of nikon, that makes me sad but they are not in good chape and let's be honest they didn't release exciting camera since a really long time. the Z series is really great they are behind other brand. So that don't make me confident to invest money in Nikon.

That why I came here for advise, insignt about this 2 camera. I doubt the picture quality is much different but I don't know what i don't know.

As for people who will ask me about canon and sony, I really don't like sony, I don't like the ergonomy ( camera to little for my hands) the menu, the colors. And for Canon i find the R5 overprice for what it is ( just my point of view).

Thank for everyone who read me and sorry for my english i tried my best.

Canon EOS R5 Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow