digital photo frames

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
robgendreau Veteran Member • Posts: 7,787
Re: digital photo frames

sybersitizen wrote:

Bobthearch wrote:

I can't see buying a digital photo frame or iPad when you can buy a 4k television for under $300.

Look at previous post to understand why a photo frame and a television are not interchangeable products, and why photo frames don't need to be 4K. Also recognize that photo frames cost only a fraction of $300.

If you personally have no use for a photo frame, fine. It's understood that not everyone does.

I have a use for displaying pictures on a wall, a (real) desktop, a counter, a coffee table, and elsewhere. And sorry, I haven't changed my mind about NOT using a dedicated photo frame for that. If they weren't such a large fraction of $300 (like $200, or $300 for a Nix 13.3") I might reconsider.

But I just haven't seen any that are better than what one can build oneself. This site has lots of info both DIY ones (I too have used a Raspberry Pi to run photo shows) and store-bought types: https://www.thedigitalpictureframe.com/best-24-inches-displays-16-10-aspect-ratio-digital-photo-frame-project/

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow