Brand new eos 5d mkiv

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Christopha New Member • Posts: 6
Brand new eos 5d mkiv

Hi, I have just bought a new eos 5D mkiv and two canon batteries. An overdue upgrade from my mk 1 for a significant birthday.

In the first couple of days I was suprised with how quickly the batteries drained but put it down to new camera tinkering. I have now left home for a couple of days at a cabin in the woods with the family. I obviously fully charged both batteries and turned wifi and gps off to make sure I lasted the long weekend.

However, I turned the camera on to take a few shots in the woods and noticed the battery was already half empty. This was a fresh battery that was probably on its second full charge. So I put my other fully charged battery in to the camera and by the time I got back from a brief walk, only taking around a dozen photos the battery was already at about two thirds empty.

This is quite concerning and I could do with someone who has encountered something similar to give me some guidance.

I was using nothing exotic in the lens department, my 50mm 1.2 that would happily sit on my mk 1 for months without any issue.

Any input appreciated , as I feel a complete ass for not bringing my charger....lol.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow