digital photo frames

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
hampshirejohn Regular Member • Posts: 367
Re: digital photo frames

I have both an iPad - 4th generation, so first of the retina displays ( I think) and an aged Motorala digital frame, 800 x 600 display, about the same screen size as the iPad.  So yes the resolution of the Motorola is well below the iPad - but they serve very different purposes.

The Motorola currently holds about 600 of my favourites, on a 10sec change rate. It sits on a bookcase at a central point in the house that I walk past it many times a day, so I do little more than glance at it - but it is a good reminder of whatever I see.  The relatively low resolution (and poor colour reproduction at anything other than near 90 degree viewing) is irrelevant.  After major trips I may change it to a specific display for that trip, but will eventually revert to my favourites.

The iPad is used to sync maybe 30 different albums, (perhaps 2000 photos) and those I sit and look at from time to time, in a more structured way.

I have thought about replacing the Motorola, and if I did I think I'd go NIX. The Motorola does nominally have wifi, but it isn't up to modern security standards so I don't use it. If I did replace, I would want wifi again.

hampshirejohn's gear list:hampshirejohn's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow