6D mkii & RP - which is the workhorse?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SelSol
SelSol Regular Member • Posts: 274
6D mkii & RP - which is the workhorse?

I’ve narrowed down my buying search to the 6D mkii and Eos RP and there doesn’t seem to be much in the way of difference.

Has anyone got real world experience of how these cameras fair for full on daily abuse?

Im leaning towards the D6 because it’s supposed to be tougher and has much longer shooting because of the battery.  Whichever option I go for I am shooting with the 16-35 f4 L and Sigmas 30 F1.4 for just about everything.  I can’t afford to throw down on the RF lenses and  with the adapter, the whole “mirrorless is smaller” argument goes out the window.

Due to me shooting architecture the whole autofocus thing doesn’t really worry me either, so it seems like I’m best going for the 6 and the legacy lenses.

Can’t help but worry that it’s been around for three years though, am I missing something fundamental that’s just not coming across in the specs?

SelSol's gear list:SelSol's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Sigma 50-150mm F2.8 EX DC APO OS HSM +2 more
Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow