Squeezing the P7P55D motherboard, wanting to upgrade CPU

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
OP Prairie Pal Senior Member • Posts: 2,794
Re: Squeezing the P7P55D motherboard, wanting to upgrade CPU

Morris0 wrote:

Prairie Pal wrote:

I'm getting a new customer build for creative editing, but I want to keep the old one alive for occasional use at the farm by refreshing the CPU to get a better performance in Lightroom.

I haven't had much success in figuring out how much more CPU this motherboard is able to support, as I'm not a hardware geek.

My current cpu is: Intel Core i5, 750 @2.67ghz 2668 Mhz 4 core.

Are there any ideas on whether the motherboard can be upgraded to any cpu's currently being sold?

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P7P55D/HelpDesk_CPU/

Morris

Hi Morris.  Wow that face looks familiar from threads I was reading years and years ago.  But I digress. 

Yes, I was on that web page.  But what was confusing me is I called a local shop and asked them if they could sell me a cpu for this motherboard, and they kinda chucked and said they can't even get cpu's for that board any more.  So looking at that list of cpu's on the ASUS page I see some of them "look" recent, but (being shamefully honest) I'm not really a nerd type that can even tell if any or many of them are an improvement over my current cpu.

Ivan

Prairie Pal's gear list:Prairie Pal's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon D600 Nikon D7200 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +10 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow