iPhone 12 Pro Telephoto vs. X-T4 + 35mm f/1.4

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Blue Swan Media
Blue Swan Media Regular Member • Posts: 362
iPhone 12 Pro Telephoto vs. X-T4 + 35mm f/1.4

First X-T4 image is SOOC, full auto, +0 Exp comp., Classic Chrome +3 color. iPhone image is with portrait mode (obviously). This is not intended to be a 'good' images or to 'show what the sensor can do.' It's intended to replicate the kind of casual portrait of a kid that normal users often take with their camera, in full auto, with less than perfect focus placement etc. That said. . .the iPhone is obviously much smarter than the X-T4, while the X-T4 image is obviously better from a technical IQ standpoint, the difference isn't huge when viewed even on a desktop screen. It's amazing that we're even having this discussion. . . some extraordinary computational photography going on here.

Also for everyone who's going to say 'the Max will be even better', the tele lens will be longer (65mm vs 50mm equivalent) but I don't think the sensor will be any bigger than the one in the 12 Pro. The only larger sensor is in the 24mm 'Wide' camera, which is also the only one with OIS. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

iPhone 12 Telephoto

X-T4 + 35mm f/1.4 SOOC Jpeg

X-T4 + 35mm f/1.4 RAW, processed to match the iPhone (but a little less saturated)

-- hide signature --

www.blueswanmedia.com

Blue Swan Media's gear list:Blue Swan Media's gear list
Fujifilm X30 Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm GFX 50S +21 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow