Pen F exclusive jpeg samples?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AlmostDoctor Contributing Member • Posts: 698
Pen F exclusive jpeg samples?

Well, reading another thread about Pen-F, I too got the GAS for Pen-F.

I currently have GM1 and EM5III. I understand that this is purely a "want" purchase than "need".

I also understand that from IQ/feature perspective, Pen-F shouldn't be my first choice. There are plenty of small range finder style cameras that are suitable for daily carry. Still, I cannot get over how beautiful black and silver Pen-F looks. But looks alone doesn't seem to be a good enough reason to justify my purchase.

If JIP were to release Pen-F II in the near feature with the same build quality and updated features, I would jump on it no question. But what are the odds of that happening? What do you all think?

In a mean time, the current store stocks of Pen-F seems to be running low. If I want to get my hands on a new one, I should act somewhat soon rather than later.

If I do get my hands on a Pen-F, it would be mostly used for my own day-to-day photo-walk/shutter therapy. I would mostly be shooting jpegs to transfer to my phone and upload straight to social media.

If I'm not mistaken, Pen-F comes with two exclusive jpeg features that are not found on other Olympus cameras; color profile control and monochrome profile control. They seem to be well suited for straight-to-social media workflow for more of my casual shootings. For my travels, I would still take my EM5III and process from raw. But for my daily shooting to improve my photography and learning to visualize my final image as I take them, these features seems to be a good match.

I have heard people say that Pen-F is a great Jpeg machine, but does it still hold up in 2020? Can people with Pen-F post samples images based on Pen-F's exclusive jpeg features?

AlmostDoctor's gear list:AlmostDoctor's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus E-M5 III Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II +5 more
Olympus PEN-F Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow