Let's Adapt This Sony User's Mindset

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
geoson Senior Member • Posts: 1,051
Let's Adapt This Sony User's Mindset

The quote below is from a Sony user considering the A7c.  I feel the same way about my GX8, especially when I have it in a small messenger bag with the 25 1.7 and the 42.5/1.7.

"I am looking at this camera because, if it must have a stupid description, it is “exit level”. The smaller the better, without compromising image quality, is what I have been striving for to exit the fading world of the long-toothed dinosaur dslr.

I no longer want to carry around with me everywhere a camera bag the size of a small aircraft carrier and the weight of a millstone. I want something light and convenient and something I can slip into a pocket other than a phone camera, something that will deliver the image quality I want. And after forty years of taking pictures I know what I want."

Slipping the camera into a pocket may be a stretch, but we seem to have lost the idea of "smaller and good enough" which has been the mantra of the consumer camera market since Kodak made the Brownie.

geoson's gear list:geoson's gear list
Samsung TL500 Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic LX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +2 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow