GPU USELESS For Lightroom Classic!

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Batdude
OP Batdude Veteran Member • Posts: 4,952
Something is wrong, please help

I feel like something is wrong.  Maybe my PC hasn't been set up properly, I don't know what it is but I have that gut feeling that something is not right.

I did a really quick test, and this is something I have done hundreds of times with the i7-6700K I had.  After exporting all the 1900 jpeg photos  to a folder, there I tried copying and pasting those 1900 photos to a different folder to start separating stuff for my customers, from the same M.2.  Folder to folder.  I actually just tried both M.2 SSD C: drive and my second M.2 SSD for storage.

For some reason it feels like my i7-6700K is faster.  I recall that every time I did that with the intel transferring the photos was almost immediate and you wouldn't even see the copy transfer window.  With my new Ryzen 3900X system is taking five entire seconds.  I feel like something is REALLY wrong here.

The PC shop where I had it built is closed tomorrow so I'll have to wait til Monday to take it back but meanwhile can you think of anything that could be wrong with this?  I just cannot believe that this Ryzen CPU is behaving much slower than the i7-6700K.  I mean, every single component is much newer at double the speed.  Perhaps I'm not having a "lightroom" problem but something else instead??? 

Any windows/AMD experts out there?

Batdude's gear list:Batdude's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Nikon D4 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow