***This week with your a7x/a9x, Oct 24th - 30th, 2020***

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Cryhavoc38 Regular Member • Posts: 117
Waiting for some E mount lenses to arrive...in the meantime a Canon 50mm FD 1.8 sc lens will do

Just wanted to test out my new A7RIV with what I had handy.

since I had an FD to E mount I took in trade some time ago, I wanted to try out the new A7 with one of my favorite FD lenses.

It's an old but in pristine condition Canon 50mm F1.8 fd mount with sc coatings.

This is just a test shot I took at f8 (if I recall correctly)

I wanted to see how it performed with all those mega pickles.

I know it's a busy picture, but, for me, it shows that even a very old manual focus lens can produce nice sharp shots with this camera.

This is a raw converted to jpeg using C1 for Sony. No other enhancements or processing done. Nice sharp tree trunks in the foreground. Taken from my top deck looking out into the back yard. Just a technical test shot, nothing fancy. I like to shoot the tree trunks with various cameras and lenses to see how they look unprocessed.

And a SOC jpeg.

To me, this lens is completely usable if the focus is nailed. The focus zoom and peaking is awesome in the A7RIV...my first entry into the Sony E mount ecosystem.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow