Really impressed with DXO PL4...

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mbike999
mbike999 Contributing Member • Posts: 723
Really impressed with DXO PL4...

Hi all,

I noticed there are a bunch of other threads here giving positive marks to DXO PL4, and I thought I'd throw another one in the mix. Just to give you a little background, My focus is wildlife photography and I have used Capture One and Lightroom in the past, along with various plugins like the Nik collection and Topaz suite.

On a whim I downloaded the latest trial of DXO PL4 and I'm impressed. I am amazed how little work needs to be done with just a light touch to drastically improve the look and feel of photos in this raw editor.

The only small gripe I have right now is that the rendering times on the adjustment sliders could be optimized a bit (i.e., it's sometimes a little hard to gauge the final effect with some of the sliders, because the renderer isn't quite keeping up with the slider adjustment)

The interface is clean and intuitive, and I am amazed at how little effort it is to get results that I find pleasing. Just for fun, here are some samples below with very minor adjustment in relation to the original RAW.

-- hide signature --
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow